Coaching for Middle and Senior Managers
Have you ever considered having a professional coach to help you with your personal and professional development?
Have you given thought to how coaching could help you with your career development and refining your skills to meet the needs of employers?
A survey carried by the Institute of Leadership and Management found that external coaches are now used by 64% of organisations ... ‘Coaching can help with performance, clarifying goals, enhancing problem solving ability and provide support with new and changing roles'.
There are a number of managers who might have recently been made redundant or have taken voluntary redundancy. For some, this is an opportunity to do something different but for many, this is a scary time. The employment arena has changed and many of you are finding out that the requirements to gain employment have changed. Indeed the roles within the employment market are changing too; and in order to be a cut above the rest you will need to consider the following:
- What are your skills?
- How can they be transferred?
- What skills and knowledge do you need to achieve success in securing your next role?
- What is your skills gap?
- How are you going to narrow the gap?
- What support do you need / want to help you achieve your goals?
If this sounds familiar to you coaching can help you to reposition yourself in the employment market.
So, if you want to improve your performance, make changes to your career, i.e. moving to a higher position, or move on and transfer your skills to another sector, coaching could be for you.
Coaching can help you invest in yourself to help with:
- Developing interviewing skills and techniques
- Building confidence and your self-esteem
- Understanding what is limiting you from achieving your full potential
- Developing a vision of your future potential
- Understanding the values you hold and how they link with achieving your vision
- Develop a set of behaviours that will work to underpin your values
Investing in yourself has never been more important than now! Consider what it would be like to have your own personal coach to help guide you! How much could you achieve?